What type of landlord are you?
We realise that every landlord is different, with different needs, different investment motivations and even differing expectations of us when it comes to managing their investment property. There is no such thing as a ‘one size fits all’ mentality when it comes to investing in property and this is what we instill in all our Property Managers. Communication between all parties is the key, and we believe this to be one of the most important tools for us to effectively look after your investment in the manner that suits you. For this reason, we’ve developed the following list of questions that we ask you go through and answer to assist us in customising our service to suit your requirements. Just like any good tenant induction, we ask the same of our landlords to ensure expectations are set and continue to be met throughout our relationship. If any of these create more questions for you, it should highlight the need for further discussion so we can help educate you on any knowledge gaps or concerns that you may have.
- What is most important to you in respect of how your property is managed?
- How would you prefer to be communicated with? Phone, email, text?
- How often would you like to hear from your Property Manager?
- Are there any chattels at the property we need to be aware of or that you are considering adding?
- Do you have any concerns around the management of your property now or in the future?
- Have you ever utilised the services of a Property Manager before, and if so what did they do well and what do you feel they could have improved upon to better suit your needs?
- Do you have an investment goal or strategy?
- Are you interested in ongoing advice on how to grow your investment portfolio?
- Who would you like us to contact in an emergency situation where we are unable to reach you?
- Would you say that you prefer a low or high contact level of communication from us around minor issues or updates?
- Do you understand the importance of ongoing maintenance and investment back into your property?
- Are you aware of the importance of a landlord insurance policy?